Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Body and Interior  » Safety 
|- Mounting 4 Point belts in cab. 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mounting 4 Point belts in cab.  (Read 2353 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Mounting 4 Point belts in cab.
« on: February 03, 2013, 01:30:40 PM »
Whats Up guys?

I have a standard cab noma and I have a set of 4pt seat belts. I currently have chopped cavi seats but eventually will get some nicer, safer racing seats.

My questions are... how would you guys recommend mounting them? as for mounting them to the floor and special ways to do that for the safest result?
Also, I read that you want the mounting points for your shoulder straps to be higher then your shoulder line. Being 6'3" that's pretty high. My only idea is to make a bar that runs across the rear of the truck at the height I need and weld it to plates with holes that would bolt right into holes for the seat belts.

any other advice or tips are opinions are appreciated!

Re: Mounting 4 Point belts in cab.

• QUITTER!
  • Rep: +4/-0
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 02:12:22 PM »
s10cnyncrvr (Jeremy) who never posts anymore had a setup using existing bolts for the upper seat belt hangar, and hung a bar across from there.
unfortunately i can't seem to find pictures of it with a quick search, maybe someone else remembers the setup.

one point to note that i've heard about on the internetz (take it with some salt), nice racing seats with a nice harness may be more harmful in a rollover because crap seats with a stock 3pt belt will allow the roof to cave in and the seat buckle, allowing for "headroom" to open up.
a nice seat and harness will keep your head in the same spot, allowing the roof to cave your head in.

my blazer is cooler than your s10

• Rep: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 09:35:28 PM »
man, if you can find reference pic that would be really great!

am I correct with the bar being above the shoulder be the correct way to have it?

well, I hope I'm never in a situation where I'm in a roll over but I do plan on caging to the truck as soon as I get over the fact I'm going to have to go through the back glass haha

• Rep: +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 10:42:02 PM »
Problem: harness is dangerous when rolling over

Solution: cage it

Problem solved. Carry on!

hahaha
'91 Sonoma ~ 5.7L 5spd ~ Project Truck
'99 Sierra 2500 ~ 5.3L 4L60E daily/tow pig