Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » Members S10\Blazer Projects 
|- Orangy Blazer X 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Orangy Blazer X  (Read 12463 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Re: Orangy Blazer X
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 05:58:36 PM »
I sold the used box for $100.

• Rep: +1/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 05:43:41 PM »
looks good man, needs LS though  ;)
'91 Sonoma ~ 5.7L 5spd ~ Project Truck
'99 Sierra 2500 ~ 5.3L 4L60E daily/tow pig

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 07:42:40 PM »
As much as I would love to do a LS the 4.3 is gonna stay. I enjoy driving it & not working on it.  LOL

I did get some new seats & really like them.......

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:59:34 PM by Worx »

• QUITTER!
  • Rep: +4/-0
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 06:32:54 AM »
what seats are those?
I'm in the market for replacing the c5 seats
my blazer is cooler than your s10

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 04:44:20 PM »
They are from Cipher auto www.cipherauto.com  I got them for $315 shipped for the pair !! then got the custom seat brackets from Wedge for $200 shipped. www.wedgebrackets.com

Very pleased with both items...I had to cut the seat belt brackets off because they were hitting the console. But I just drilled a hole in the remaining bracket & fastened the seat belt with the original nut & a bolt.

• QUITTER!
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 07:00:03 PM »
not bad prices! I assume they are similar or the same to the ones on ebay.
too bad you aren't local. I'd love to sit in one

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 08:09:35 PM »
The ones I got are def firm & made for smaller guys (under 210) I am 190 & 5 10 & they fit me fine, My boss is 225 & does not fit very well.

They also sit about 1.5 to 2.0 taller than stock.

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »
I got bored with orangy so I "dipped" it black.....

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 05:46:00 PM »
I got a new spoiler & had the foglight holes filled in & also picked up a Sonoma hood for $25 off of craigslist.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:52:19 PM by Worx »

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 04:42:38 PM »
Radiator was leaking so I ordered a new one along with a new water pump since it has 162,000 miles.

Installed everything & the water pump is leaking out of the weep hole...Yeaaahhhh   I get to do it again !!!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 04:48:36 PM by Worx »

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2017, 11:58:14 AM »
Nothing worse than wasted work!
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2017, 12:32:59 PM »
Its not a real tough job but yeah it sucks having to do it again.

I have another S10 project going on .......I picked up a 02 S10 ext cab stepside that was a Xtreme but has been dextremed (all the spoilers removed)
it was a nice truck at one time but has since been neglected & was for my 17 year old son.

The odo was showing 230,000 & was running kinna rough so I removed the cat & it ran a LOT better. Then it lost comp in #2 so I picked up what was  suppose to be a 128,000 JY motor but when I got it home I found that it had been rebuilt somewhere along its life cus it had updated spider inj & intake manifold gaskets as well.

I replaced oilpan gaskets,timing cover & intake gaskets,VC gaskets,everything except the main seal.....well it leaked from the rear seal so I put some Lucas oil stop leak & it actually worked !!   Dry as can be,hope it lasts a while.

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2017, 07:05:54 PM »
Thought I would tell you about a issue I have been having....

The Blazer has had a issue where taking off from a light it would "choke up" & not run well,not missing or anything but just lack of power till about 3,000 rpm & then it would run better from there but always return at the next take off.

I was doing normal maintenence & took the Spectre air filter off to clean it & had no air cleaner on drove it up to the auto parts store to get something & it was running great again......Cleaned the filter & let it dry & did not apply oil & put it back on & bam the problem returned.

So  took the filter (spectre) off my sons truck & the problem persisted so I took the filter off & again lots of pep & a fun to drive. I put a K&N filter on & it continues to run good just like it had no filter. The other day I took some parts in & had them hydrodipped with a carbon fiber pattern & had to put the Spectre filter on cus I was cleaning the K&N & sure as crap it runs bad again.

People say there is no difference between K&N & Spectre filters but I say different.

• Donors
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 05:28:51 AM »
Weird... that's something to look out for. Any thoughts on exactly what it's doing to screw with the engine?
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 07:20:15 AM »
My guess is air restriction.

• QUITTER!
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 11:35:19 AM »
no, air restriction would be more noticable at higher rpms right?
i'd say a sensor is unhappy in however location it is.
some flow to the MAF is getting turbulent or something weird might be happening.
If it doesn't happen when it's in open loop (right after startup on a cold engine) that would help point to this theory

• Donors
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 12:05:43 PM »
Do you have a descreened MAF sensor? Those symptoms sound like those associated with turbulent flow through the MAF. I descreened the MAF on my truck (sort of by accident) and haven't had any issues but I know some people do.

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 04:49:21 PM »
I have tried 3 different Spectre air filters & they all do the same thing open or closed loop.

Even my dirty ass K&N performs better than any of the Spectre filters. I have 2 different MAFs one screened & one descreened & they both perform the same.

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »
Update..

I also had a 2-3 shift problem,sometimes it would shift just fine & other times it would go to shift to 3rd & pause then shift & other times it would go to shift & hicup & start slipping till I backed off & let it shift & then everything was good.

The other day I started to check codes & found P0101 cleared it,checked again & it was back,no check engine light but was def throwing the code quite a few times. I had a spare MAF sensor & installed that & no more codes & the 2-3 shifting is working just fine.

I never knew the MAF would F up the shifting but like Mr cactus said it was probably a bad sensor.  This MAF is old & has no screen,it shifts right again but is a litlle lagging in power at takeoff so I am gonna get a new one & see what that does.

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2017, 01:17:59 PM »
Pretty cool Xtreme!