Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Motorvation & Drivetrain  » Transmission and Rearend 
|- Anyone running a Ford 8.8? 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone running a Ford 8.8?  (Read 1297 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Anyone running a Ford 8.8?
« on: August 09, 2015, 06:32:07 PM »
Just put one in my S10 endurance road racing truck.

It's quite wide. It also looks like I will need to make some offset lowering blocks to accommodate for the difference in width between our factory leaf springs and the locating stubs on the 8.8.

Anyone else done this? Opinions?

Re: Anyone running a Ford 8.8?

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +7/-1
  • Have Money, just can't use it = Sad Panda.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »
Been done a lot, predominantly with the explorer rear.

The pins are about .5" wider total, there is typically enough play in the leafs to bolt them up, but if you're using blocks at all, you can set the pins and the hole side by side and it's almost perfect, similar to the rear offset spacers used in trucks to center up the wheels in the rear wheel wells, just turned out.

What are you doing for rear swaybar? I undestand the standard S10 rear bar does not fit, though the S10Blazer bar may, and the exloder bar would require 100% custom mounting on the frame side.

Are you using S10 shock plates?

• Rep: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »
Been done a lot, predominantly with the explorer rear.

The pins are about .5" wider total, there is typically enough play in the leafs to bolt them up, but if you're using blocks at all, you can set the pins and the hole side by side and it's almost perfect, similar to the rear offset spacers used in trucks to center up the wheels in the rear wheel wells, just turned out.

What are you doing for rear swaybar? I undestand the standard S10 rear bar does not fit, though the S10Blazer bar may, and the exloder bar would require 100% custom mounting on the frame side.

Are you using S10 shock plates?

We've been debating running without the rear swaybar because it is limiting our rear travel and causing us to peg-leg out of tight turns. In part, we are remedying that by using a spool.

We will be doing a track day sometime in October before our next race (in February) with swaybar options. I'm guessing the Blazer swaybar we were using won't even be close to working, so if needbe we will modify an Exploder swaybar.

Yes, we are reusing the S10 shock plates.