Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Technical  » Electrical 
|- cnyncrvr's relay box thingy 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: cnyncrvr's relay box thingy  (Read 1799 times)

• IWTTMB
  • Rep: +14/-0
  • Burn 'em all
cnyncrvr's relay box thingy
« on: August 22, 2009, 05:01:25 AM »
greencactus3

jeremy, do you have some pics of the stock looking relay box i think you used for your headlight harness?
and also where did you get it?
thanks

-----
off camber

Yeah! I forgot about that.

-----
greencactus3

i figured since i plan on moving a lot of electrical stuff i might as well clean it all up too.
right now all my relays are just ziptied individually to the core support behind the grill.

-----
s10cyncrvr

I'm pretty sure they came out of a mid 90's Lumina. All GM vehicles will have them in various shapes and sizes. I know the cavaliers are very long and thin.

Here they were straight from the junkyard...

I was using a different style relay though, so I got the relay holder from parts-express and fiberglassed them into the housing.

Then wiring them up.

I'm planning on using stock style relays on the new relay box. If you would want those, you can have them. I need the relays, fuses, and the 9005/9006 connectors, but everything else won't be used.

-----
greencactus3

i would love them! id rather be able to use the bosch style relays? i guess they are called?
i dont know how to fiberglass, and would never be able to do it that pretty, so that would be sweet!
do you have 2 boxes that fit 3 bosch relays each?
because that would be perfect.

do regular female quick connects plug into the backside?

-----
off camber

You didn't polish it?

hahaha

-----
s10cyncrvr

greencactus3 wrote:
 i would love them! id rather be able to use the bosch style relays? i guess they are called?
i dont know how to fiberglass, and would never be able to do it that pretty, so that would be sweet!
do you have 2 boxes that fit 3 bosch relays each?
because that would be perfect.

do regular female quick connects plug into the backside?

Yes, there are two boxes like that one pictured.

The relays accept a female spade connector, but they have a little tab on the back to hold them in the housing. You might be able to find some like that at Radioshack. If nothing else you could always buy some new sockets and use the connectors out of them...
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=330-075

87Wildside wrote:
 You didn't polish it?

hahaha

:lol:

-----
greencactus3

yea, finding connectors wont be too bad (i hope)

awesome!
these already off your truck?
ill only need them by summertime, so no hurries.
how much do i owe ya? and paypal okay?

-----
s10cyncrvr

greencactus3 wrote:
 yea, finding connectors wont be too bad (i hope)

awesome!
these already off your truck?
ill only need them by summertime, so no hurries.
how much do i owe ya? and paypal okay?

Yes, they are off. I'll pull everything off that I need this weekend and can ship them out Monday.

As long as you pay shipping you can have them. Just PM me your info, and I'll get you a quote. Paypal is fine.

I think I have a few extra connectors for the relays somewhere. I'll try and find them as well. That way you'll know what you are looking for.

-----
greencactus3

yea, a sample would definitly be helpful thanks!
pm sent

-----
greencactus3

lucky me, someone dug up your foglight thread
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f62/project-hid-fogs-217270/
so im going to copy some pics over to this thread so i can find them easily again

what kind of sticker paper did you print this out on? i love the idea, but the fuse sizes and such are not going to be exact for me

that mesh stuff

where do you get it and is it a 1 size fits all, as in you pull tighter to get it tight and thats it?

-----
s10cyncrvr

greencactus3 wrote:
 lucky me, someone dug up your foglight thread
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f62/project-hid-fogs-217270/
so im going to copy some pics over to this thread so i can find them easily again

what kind of sticker paper did you print this out on? i love the idea, but the fuse sizes and such are not going to be exact for me

that mesh stuff

where do you get it and is it a 1 size fits all, as in you pull tighter to get it tight and thats it?

I used some stuff from Walmart. It didn't handle water very well though. I need to find something better.

The mesh stuff, can be bought from www.parts-express.com

It comes in different sizes, but each size has a wide range that it can fit on. It's kinda like those Chinese finger locks. It does want to fray after you cut it. It's best to cut it with a hot knife, carefully slide it over the wires, and then wrap the ends with heat shrink tubing or electrical tape. They do advertise a new type that is less likely to fray, but I havn't tried it yet.

I got your PM, I forgot that I needed to find a box and get the dimensions in order to get a shipping price. I'll take care of that tonight.

-----
greencactus3

thanks, no hurries.
yea, that sticker not holding up to water is too bad.

-----
greencactus3

really too bad the stickers dont work for me since im useing them for other things, but one issue people might want to think about ahead of time unlike me.

the maxi fuses? i think the giant ones are called... are like $3 EACH....
and the lowest they go to is 20 amp....

which is fine for compressor and headlights,
but i wanted 15amps for the fogs, but im just gonna have to deal with 20 amps.
not a big deal, but something to think about....

but $3 EACH DAMN.

hope i never blow these fuses haha
one mounted and wired up

next one goes here.
mount is made but i still gotta wire it up.... but its for the fogs/spots so no hurry

-----
s-10driver

could have yanked some from a pick n' pull.

lol

-----
greencactus3

s-10driver wrote:
 could have yanked some from a pick n' pull.

lol

i havent been to a yard in a loooong time.
its on my list lol
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:10:19 AM by TheOtherStyle »
If you can't say anything nice.. post it on the internet!

2002 S10 Xtreme
1953 Ford Fordor
1972 Datsun 240Z

Need some parts..? http://protourings10.com/index.php?topic=950.0