Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » Events 
|- Hire me on my working road trip! 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hire me on my working road trip!  (Read 2621 times)

• Primary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +9001/-0
Hire me on my working road trip!
« on: December 26, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »
Ok my pretties, I've got my truck up and running again, and since my season was a total bust due to jail I've got nothing to lose on this one. I'm setting up a working road trip that starts here in Elkhorn, WI, stops in Port Huron and Croswell, Mi, Gillett, PA, North Charleston, SC, and working my way back home. Prolly be stopping in the Detroit area as well if I can find Medimicated a bike around here and haul it to him.

Now here's what I'm proposing. I have no set plans on how I get where I'm going. Anyone between here and my farthest stop in South Carolina, no matter how far off any given route, is fair game. Hire me to get whatever work you need done. As a mechanic I charge 40 an hour. I'm offering myself at 30 an hour flat rate, and I'll cut deals on large amounts of work. I carry a lot of tools, am willing to tear into just about anything. I do auto and small engine. Cars, trucks, boats, lawnmowers, snowblowers, minibikes, motorcycles, scooters, whatever. You want tuneups, brake changes, water pumps, whatever. Let me know what you'll want done, and we'll get a schedule setup.

I also do computer work (I grew up doing that before I ever touched a car actually lol). You need upgrades installed, help figuring out how to do something, whatever. Let me know.

Construction is something else I do. I've never been good at finish work like mudding walls or cleaning up cabinetry, but I can build structures, run the electrical (actually went to school to be an electrician), a fair amount of plumbing, lay concrete, whatever. Let me know what you want done and we'll get scheduled.

I'm also willing to haul bikes and car/bike parts along my trip. If it's big enough that I need to rent a trailer, that's not a problem but you'd have to fund the trailer.

So that's the deal. I'm whoring myself to help my fellow fighters. If I'm near one of you guys and you got neighbors or friends nearby that also need stuff done, I'll extend the same discount to them too. The idea is that I work off the cost of my trip and make some money I need to get bills paid. Let me know what you want done!

I want to start this trip on February 17th. I don't know why but that's the random number I picked!

Additional details: For anyone that wants/needs work done, and wont have cash, I can accept credit cards on the spot. Paypal and Square rock!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:54:41 PM by One of Nine »

Re: Hire me on my working road trip!

• IWTTMB
  • Rep: +14/-0
  • Burn 'em all
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 12:08:56 AM »
Sorry bud. All my neighbors or friends call me to do stuff... & I don't charge anywhere near what you're marketing yourself. I too do 'everything'... but I also know how to do finishing work, weld, lay down hardwood flooring, cook, play brass horns/ stringed instruments & I love to eat cheese. I used to program games as a kid. But, I don't like to tape/mud (I know how, just don't have the will to do my house.. whole house).. but it looks like you don't do that. $20/hr is what I charge. If you decide to stop in around Chicago I hope you know how to bend conduit, too because we don't use lamp cord wiring like almost everyone else in the country. So, good luck bud & if you know anyone needing work done.. heh. Just kidding.. but really, good luck in your ventures.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:10:41 AM by Hammer Head »
If you can't say anything nice.. post it on the internet!

2002 S10 Xtreme
1953 Ford Fordor
1972 Datsun 240Z

Need some parts..? http://protourings10.com/index.php?topic=950.0

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 12:33:18 AM »
At 40/hr, I'm the cheapest mechanic in my area.  The other stuff I'm willing to do since I grew up doing it.  Bending conduit it easy. Prolly the easiest thing I ever did at tech school when I was training.  I was just in Chicago the last couple days to see my gramma before her surgery at Christ on 95th. I'm down there every couple of months or so, though normally right off 55th and Central.

• IWTTMB
  • Rep: +14/-0
  • Burn 'em all
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 01:04:27 AM »
That's crazy. Guess when you live in a big city there's always someone cheaper. I taught myself how to bend pipe when I was a teen.. used to do it when I was a maintenance mechanic. Glad I changed jobs. Now I don't have to completely bust ass to make the big bucks... either way, good luck.
If you can't say anything nice.. post it on the internet!

2002 S10 Xtreme
1953 Ford Fordor
1972 Datsun 240Z

Need some parts..? http://protourings10.com/index.php?topic=950.0

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 02:20:15 AM »
Just an update. I currently have stops in Southern Michigan, Southern New York, and all around Pennsylvania. If anyone needs work done or parts hauled through any of those areas, let me know.

Current list of stops:
leaving Elkhorn, Wi
Okemos, Mi
Fowlerville, Mi
Croswell, Mi
Detroit, Mi
Binghamton, NY
Gillett, Pa
Pottsville, Pa
Philly, Pa
Pittsburgh, Pa
stopping back at Okemos, Mi
Chicago, Il
and back home to Elkhorn, Wi

If you need anything worked on or hauled along that route, give me a holler!

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »
Well you're passing by both the places I have projects to be worked on (whitmore lake & romeo), but I have no idea what projects I will have needing done yet.

The house is mostly finish work at this point; drywall, paint, etc.  The Blazer is everything...

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 02:30:34 PM »
Just let me know!

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 08:07:50 PM »
It is with heavy heart that I present EXTREMELY unpleasant news. I have to cancel the trip.

I finished picking up everything needed for the trip, started preparing the truck, and all that good stuff. The shackle I needed to replace decided it wasn't going to wait until Michigan for me to replace it, had to take the truck in to my next potential employer and get the shackle and hanger changed. Then somewhere between here and Ryan S.'s I blew a brake line, had to limp the truck the rest of the trip. On the way back from that it developed electrical problems that I need to fix, it looks like I need to replace a coil and not sure what else.

Long story short, the truck just cost me a solid chunk of the trip money, and by the time it's road ready again it will have cost me pretty much everything I had for the trip.

• Rep: +1/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »
Goddamn fords ;)
'91 Sonoma ~ 5.7L 5spd ~ Project Truck
'99 Sierra 2500 ~ 5.3L 4L60E daily/tow pig

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 02:37:37 AM »
Lol, most of the issues that I've been having to fix on this truck stem from previous owners. The horrendous pile of shyte exhaust? Previous owner. Ghetto fix of the pedal assembly? Previous owner. The list goes on lol.

But the good side, with me the truck is finally seeing all the maintenance it needed, and it's a damn good truck for the work I do.  It's also extremely fun