Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Chassis & Suspension  » Brakes 
|- C5 Corvette front disc swap bracket plans, drawing 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: C5 Corvette front disc swap bracket plans, drawing  (Read 14469 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
C5 Corvette front disc swap bracket plans, drawing
« on: June 05, 2013, 08:37:27 PM »
 these brackets are for 97-04 corvette brakes on any 2wd drive s10, and pre 98 blazer with stock or drop spindles, and g bodies with the same spindle. the C5 brakes have dual 40mm pistons and 12.74" rotors.

for those that arnt familiar with this swap- the brake ears on the spindle must be cutoff and the spindle clearanced for these brackets. 2 of the dust shield bolt holes must be enlarged and drilled through or tapped for larger hardware. the brake rotor/hub must be turned down to 5.850" to accept the vette rotor, which then just slides on. using the vette banjo bolt, you can reuse your stock brake s10 line ive heard, have not confirmed this part.

the dimensions with a ~ (and the 0.375")are kind of up to you and not set in stone, they just depends on how much you clearance the spindle.

and like the ls1s i have some for sale. $55 to your door. they are drilled for m12 bolts on the spindle side, will include spacer washers but no bolts. can include bolts for a little more $.

Re: C5 Corvette front disc swap bracket plans, drawing

• Rep: +2/-0
    • MaconRacers
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 09:11:34 AM »
very nice looking part.  Are you trying to make me regret getting my blazer dp's?  lol

I need to get a cheap pair to drop spindles and build a new front end on the side...eventually.
-Jonathan-

MaconRacers

• Rep: +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 10:31:54 AM »
Can you get me a OE number for what calipers should be run with these brackets and the 12.8" rotor? thanks!
'91 Sonoma ~ 5.7L 5spd ~ Project Truck
'99 Sierra 2500 ~ 5.3L 4L60E daily/tow pig

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »
C5 standard calipers-
ACdelco:
left- 1722220
right- 1722219
GM:
left- 12530683
right- 12530682

the Z06 calipers are the same just painted red, I cant find those part numbers.

Flak7 posted this at s10forum in my thread over there. so you can also use C6 calipers and rotors also.

"These will also work with 05-12 C6 standard rotors (same size and offset as C5) and Z51 13.4" rotors. C5/6 calipers interchange on the same abutment, GM part# 12455799. For the larger Z51 rotor use the Z51 abutment, GM part #88964166- either caliper will work. Pads are the same for all 1997-2012; I have read that the C6 calipers do not use anti rattle springs up top, but cannot verify this for sure. Lowered trucks should be able to use the stock hoses, standard ride height they will be too short. 14" brake line is recommended."

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »
Are you still selling these brackets if so I would really like to buy a set paypal ready

• QUITTER!
  • Rep: +4/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 05:49:24 AM »
im really happy you are sharing all your info + offering everything for cheap!
should be very helpful to the community, keep up the good work!
my blazer is cooler than your s10

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 02:57:49 PM »
Does anyone know how to contact the op I do not want to deal with ed miller I would rather give the guy who gives his plans and knowledge away for free my money I am neck deep in my build here is a pic for attention

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +7/-1
  • Have Money, just can't use it = Sad Panda.
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 07:41:41 PM »
Does anyone know how to contact the op I do not want to deal with ed miller I would rather give the guy who gives his plans and knowledge away for free my money I am neck deep in my build here is a pic for attention

E-mailed him for you. Picture didn't show up, you should start a build thread.

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 12:20:13 PM »
sorry guys i dont check this thread often. thanks for the email robert.

it looks like photobucket wants me to upgrade since i exceeded my bandwidth limits :), so my pic just went off line. ill fix that soon.

robbiehth i got a pm from you but it is blank. although the last few messages i have went blank as well, so i dont think its a problem on your end. i dont have any brackets ready to go immediately, but it only takes me a day or 2 to make some more, so i should be able to ship a pair out for ya on monday. the C5 brackets are $60 a pair which includes US shipping, my paypal is my email below.

if anyone ever needs to contact me for stuff in the future, just send me a PM here, or on s10forum.com (same user name), or email me at hi_im_sean@hotmail.com.

• Donors
  • Rep: +2/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 07:20:49 PM »
Sean, do you sell hubs too? I still have not used the brackets i got from you as the hubs are the last piece i need.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »
Sean, do you sell hubs too? I still have not used the brackets i got from you as the hubs are the last piece i need.

sure do. i use new castings from orielly. i make them ready to go including the longer dorman studs pressed in and outer races installed. $150 for non abs, $160 for abs. price includes shipping. or you can ship your rotors to me and i can turn them down and install the studs. shipping is usually close to what new fresh rotors cost from oreilly so i have yet to have someone send me theirs.

heres a 12" ls1 setup i did for someone on s10forum recently.

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 10:26:40 AM »
That really is a great price and great product.  Too bad I keep ditching S10 spindles for the sealed Blazer bearings.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 10:47:46 AM »
That really is a great price and great product.  Too bad I keep ditching S10 spindles for the sealed Blazer bearings.

thanks harley.

im not a fan of the blazer spindles. ill take preload-able taper bearings over a sealed cartdridge any day. not to mention blazer drop spindles are pricey.

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 11:07:21 AM »
im not a fan of the blazer spindles. ill take preload-able taper bearings over a sealed cartdridge any day. not to mention blazer drop spindles are pricey.

There are certainly pros and cons for both.  I like how easy it is to replace the sealed bearing and the bolt on, without brackets, brake upgrade.  That said overall they are more costly to run especially if you go with drop spindles, but all my trucks are still running stock spindles.  I keep finding good deals on OEM hubs, so it hasn't been too bad for me.

On the Isuzu the hubcaps I picked out to compliment the Crager's won't fit over the front bearing either, so that is a drawback for me at the moment.

All in all, I don't have anything significant against the unsealed bearings and changing the one on the Isuzu last year wasn't dreadful.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 01:32:38 PM »
THE BLAZER SPINDLE DEFFINATLEY HAS THE ADVANTAGE that EVERYTHING (INCLUDING BIG BRAKES) IS A BOLT ON. sry caps lock.

the truck hub snout interfering with wheels never even occured to me. i lucked out on mine because i had to use spacers.

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 04:28:09 PM »
On the Isuzu the hubcaps I picked out to compliment the Crager's won't fit over the front bearing either, so that is a drawback for me at the moment.

Had the same problem with my wilwood hubs! No center cap on earth would clear those monsters haha.

Sean, thanks for posting the dim's man. A true gentleman and scholar! If international shipping wasn't such a rip I'd buy them from ya, but it's just cheaper to have them water jet'd locally.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:26:44 AM by Harley »

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 12:31:00 PM »
no problem dude