Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Chassis & Suspension  » Brakes 
|- C5 Corvette/LS1 f-body hybrid front disc swap bracket plans, drawing 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: C5 Corvette/LS1 f-body hybrid front disc swap bracket plans, drawing  (Read 1806 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
these brackets are for use with 13" (actually 12.79") C5 rotors with 98-02 f-body (camaro, firebird, ls1) calipers, abutments and pads. in my opinion, this one is the best of both worlds. you get to use the large 13" rotor with the much cheaper and larger bore LS1 caliper. the LS1 caliper and abutment is designed for a 12" rotor and has the radius to match. installing them with the 13" rotors is pushing the limits of clearance while still having all the pad on the rotor and not overhanging off the edge due to the larger radius of the rotor. this makes the hole spacing more critical. if you are making these by hand make sure not to go under 15/16" or 0.9375" on the 0.944" dimension or the abutment-pad clips may start to rub the rotor. err on the larger side of things like 0.950" if you have to. 3/8 material required 0.125-0.140" spacers. if you use 1/2" material spacing will be perfect. i prefer to use spacers to save weight. im going to the hardware store later to see what common washers are in the target thickness and ill report back.
as usual pm me if you would like to me make you a set.

if you follow the plans exactly this is where everything ends up. hopefully there isnt too much variation in the exact locations of the dustshield bolt holes.

and the pad comes right up to the edge