Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » Events 
|- Second autocross: check 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Second autocross: check  (Read 1690 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Second autocross: check
« on: June 24, 2013, 10:14:16 PM »
I did my second autocross over the weekend. I felt much more confident going into it with a little more experience under my belt, and since my truck handled better. The track was a little damp from a shower over night, but as the morning went on it started drying up. After either my 4th or 5th run the rain started coming in so my times slowed down. It was kind of a bummer too because I felt like I still could have shaved off another second or two. During my first event, I never felt like I hit any of the corners perfectly. But this time it seemed like I hit some of them dead on. The biggest problem I had was keeping the rear end planted. Even with 285s, I couldn't give it much throttle at all. I was running 27psi in the rear and 33 in the front. The runflats don't need much air to keep them from rolling over. The results aren't out yet, but for reference I was just about 2 seconds behind my buddy in his Mazdaspeed 3, and 3 seconds quicker than my friend's V6 Mustang.

Anyways, here's some clips from the event. You can see the last two runs were a bit damp so I was a little slower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4N7kNtH-K0
1997 S10 SS - ZQ8 Suspension, 2/3 drop, C5 Brakes, Spohn UCAs, Tall Ball Joints, Torsen LSD, SLP ZR1 wheels

Re: Second autocross: check

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 11:15:45 PM »
The results are actually up now: http://www.oregonpca.org/events/autocross/2013-event-results-2/4470-2/ax4-final-results-with-cones/

I got 36 out of 45 in my class. My fastest official time was 50.419, but I ran a 49.768. It says DNF which means I must have missed a gate. I really don't recall missing one though? If my 49 counted I would have been 32nd. I did however beat a WRX, S2000, Z4, RX8, and a Mini Cooper.
1997 S10 SS - ZQ8 Suspension, 2/3 drop, C5 Brakes, Spohn UCAs, Tall Ball Joints, Torsen LSD, SLP ZR1 wheels

• Rep: +2/-0
    • MaconRacers
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:53:19 AM »
nice man, the truck looks like it turns pretty well.
-Jonathan-

MaconRacers

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »
Looked great!  It didn't seem like you were having huge rear traction issues from the vids.  If I'm really pushing it the rear is all over the place - often on purpose to rotate it around a tight gate.  What kind of rear diff are you running?
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 11:38:34 AM »
Stock G80. It sucks though. Around some corners I think only the inside wheel would spin, which is why the back end wasn't sliding out. It seems like the rear end will only lock up if I really mash the gas.

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 04:47:26 PM »
I had the same issue.  I swapped to a stock LS1 F-body Torsen and it was a huge improvement.  It cost me a bit because I'm in Canada and had to have one shipped up but I think it's a relatively cheap swap for most.
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.