Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » Site Suggestions and News 
|- Latest forum problems 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Latest forum problems  (Read 3458 times)

• Primary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +9001/-0
Latest forum problems
« on: October 24, 2013, 09:14:57 AM »
Heya folks, had some problems with the old domain name, we are now setup again on this new domain name, www.Pro-TouringS10.com.  I'm still working on getting the old domain name back, but on the offchance I cannot, this is the new place to point your browers.

I greatly apologize for the down time, I've been working on the problem since it was brought to my attention.  Here's what happened.
The domain name renewal was back in December, I never received notice from the registrar or the hosting. It finally went into limbo and was picked up by a sales company, a place that handles domains.  Right now it's up for bid, and last I heard the bid was 79 dollars. To buy it back outright is going to be 297 dollars. I think this is a load of shit, but there is nothing I can do about it right now. We have until Nov 3 to buy it outright (when bidding ends), but this is most of a solid paycheck for me right now. If anyone would like to pitch in, please let me know and lets see if we can get everything 100% back on track here.

Re: Latest forum problems

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 09:21:23 AM »
Quick update, bid is up to $150.

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 07:23:24 AM »
Talk about a buzz kill.

Well as always I'm willing to put in to keep this place up and running.  Even if we're having to overpay to get our domain name back.  Keep me posted on the auction.

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 09:40:33 AM »
Current bid is up to $179, we have until Midnight CST Nov 3rd

• QUITTER!
  • Rep: +4/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »
seems like a lot of cash...
should we even bother getting that specific one?
my blazer is cooler than your s10

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 07:49:02 PM »
Dean was saying we actually see quite a bit of traffic.  Which may be why someone for whatever good or nefarious reason, sniped our original url.  I'd hate to see it turn into an ad splash page, but also don't like the idea of rewarding a jerk trying to profit off what we've built here.

Eric also mentioned to me that he thought he had bought the url outright through godaddy, but didn't reply when I asked if it was the .org or .com address.

I'd be willing to plop down a $100 to help get this back, but torn if it is worth it for the reasons I put above.

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:11:54 PM »
If we don't get the old domain back, we'll just regroup on this one. By now all members should have checked their email and seen the notice I sent, so they'll know to come here instead.

The above point is valid though. There's a reason people are bidding what they are. What the forum has grown into from what it was makes it pretty valuable to the niche, I never checked the stats to see what the rated value of the forum is, but it must have been decent for us to have to fight to get it back.

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, 08:11:42 AM »
Ok folks, home stretch. Ends tonight. They're not open right now for me to call and find out the current bid, but last bid was 179. I can still submit a bid up until close of auction. If interested, let me know and I'll submit the bid when I get out of work tonight.

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »
Alright, unless one of you guys snuck in and bought the domain somehow, we lost it.  This is the new home of PTS10.

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 11:26:04 AM »
Now it's time to hatch a plan to destroy those who removed it from our grasp.

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +7/-1
  • Have Money, just can't use it = Sad Panda.
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 06:04:25 PM »
Hey All! The original e-mail was lost and I just happened across a facebook message that was lost in a recent phone change. Glad the site is back up, I have a little progress on my truck and a consistent place to work on it now. :) We should resend that e-mail to let everyone know as I have not the dimmest of clue where mine went.