Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Chassis & Suspension  » Brakes 
|-  C5/6 conversion brackets for single piston spindles 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: C5/6 conversion brackets for single piston spindles  (Read 9803 times)

• IWTTMB
  • Rep: +14/-0
  • Burn 'em all
Re: C5/6 conversion brackets for single piston spindles
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 10:05:29 AM »
I have both setups on 2 different vehicles. I just converted my Xtreme over to 4 wheel disc off a Blazer. The '53 is using the C5 front disc setup & the Explorers' rear disc on the 8.8. Both are running Hydroboosts. Both have staggered wheel/tire setups from vettes. The '53 runs the C4 9.5x17 & 11.5x17 & the Xtreme runs 8.5x18 & 10.5x18. The '53 weights a little less than the Xtreme.. I have to say the '53 stops the fastest. Not to say the Xreme w/ the DP setup is a slouch. It will lock the wheels up & set off the ABS.

I have to say this.. unless you plan on racing I really feel the DP Blazer setup is perfectly fine & stops great. I also feel that for the price a HB conversion is a better upgrade.

I know this is probably slightly off topic but....has anyone compared the Blazer DP calipers to the C5/6 calipers or even the C4 calipers?  The reason I ask is that I'd like to get some drop spindles for my Blazer but don't feel like shelling out $325 for the 2102 spindles if I can pick some used "normal" drop spindles cheap and then adapt my stock DP calipers to them I figured I could save some $$.

Later, Doug
If you can't say anything nice.. post it on the internet!

2002 S10 Xtreme
1953 Ford Fordor
1972 Datsun 240Z

Need some parts..? http://protourings10.com/index.php?topic=950.0