Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Motorvation & Drivetrain  » V6 
|- School me on the 2 door blazer fuel tank swap 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: School me on the 2 door blazer fuel tank swap  (Read 1127 times)

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
School me on the 2 door blazer fuel tank swap
« on: November 04, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »
I'm putting the truck up for the winter (and possibly a chunk of next spring/summer) and am interested in swapping to a 2wd blazer fuel tank between the frame rails behind the axle to improve weight distribution.

I've done a bunch of searching and know roughly how to mount it and that the filler neck will need to be sorted out. What do I need to look into with respect to evap and fuel lines? Anything else I should know about? I was hoping to use the A340 pump in S10 housing I have sitting around and recall reading that the housing could be shortened to work in the blazer tank. Thoughts?
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

Re: School me on the 2 door blazer fuel tank swap

• Rep: +1/-0
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 12:02:04 AM »
pull the bed to make things easy. As far as fuel lines go, you will have to extend them yes. You can opt to run either nylon, steel, or copper nickel line. I would personally run Nylon for cost and simplicity, but I have the tool to add fittings and such into the line at work.
'91 Sonoma ~ 5.7L 5spd ~ Project Truck
'99 Sierra 2500 ~ 5.3L 4L60E daily/tow pig

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 06:59:20 AM »
Great - I was definitely planning on pulling the bed and doing some cleaning and painting while I was in there.
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.