Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Chassis & Suspension  » Wheels and Tires 
|- Not your typical Corvette Wheel Thread 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not your typical Corvette Wheel Thread  (Read 2148 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Not your typical Corvette Wheel Thread
« on: November 12, 2015, 12:59:29 PM »
Hello all I have a 94 s-10 v6 auto reg cab that is lowered that I'm trying to turn towards the pro-touring side, once I finish my drag bike of course.

I am looking at picking up some wheels/tires and wondering if I'm even in the ballpark on getting these to fit and keep the s10 lowered.

Front:

18x10.5 +58 w/ 275/35/18 tires
2.5" Spacers

Rear:
18x12 +59 w/ 315/30/18 Tires
2.5" Spacers

I do not mind cutting/rolling fender lips and trimming inside the wheel wells, but I don't want to cut any part of frame to get these to fit.

I think I'm looking at a lost cause w/out some serious frame mods, but I'm not 100% sure

Re: Not your typical Corvette Wheel Thread

• QUITTER!
  • Rep: +4/-0
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
front is doable, not sure on the spacer size off the top of my head.
12 in the rear is going to probably need a light pull on top of roll/cutting the fender lips.

really depends on quite how low you are too.
my blazer is cooler than your s10

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 02:08:55 PM »
It does help to know the actual width of the tires for mocking up and calculations. Every manufacturer is different.  When I purchased my 315s I was referencing most of the big name brand sites with good luck finding their measured widths. I ended up with Nitto NT-01.

I found that 0 offset barely cleared the 315/30R18 on my Blazer, so you could actually be fine there. 2.5" = 63.5mm, so you're at -4.5 offset. S10 frame width is nearly identical to the widest portion of the Blazer in that region FYI.

Up front 275/35R18 shouldn't be too far off.  My 275/40R17s rub a bit, but have plenty of steering angle.  Your spacing is out 5.5mm from my 0 offset Cragers, so that is improved too. Also remember that while out on the track or tearing it up around street corners the steering angle is not approaching the max. It is only parking lot or low speed maneuvers that will max out. If you're fine with reduced convenience front tire width becomes less of a problem.  Rebuild the steering stops or just learn how far you can go.

• QUITTER!
  • Rep: +4/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 07:27:11 PM »
unless you cross it up a lot. then you want max oppo lock.
my blazer is cooler than your s10

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 06:32:49 AM »
Not really concerned with being able to turn lock to lock. Driven enough lifted trucks where you can't.

As long as I should be good ordering these wheels/tires then I will make plans to get them asap. Thank you for all the help, now to plan out the v8 swap

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 07:56:14 AM »
Thoughts on a 335 vs a 315 out back? Doable?

Now trying to hammer out a suspension setup.

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 08:49:58 AM »
I've only tried up to 295's in the rear so can't say for sure. Keep in mind that the leafs will flex side-to-side in hard corners. My 295's cleared fine in normal driving but they would rub the box a bit during auto-x. I still had plenty of room to space them out but just something to consider.
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.