Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » Events 
|- Thr3ve Racing 14 hour enduro at Road Atlanta 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thr3ve Racing 14 hour enduro at Road Atlanta  (Read 942 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Thr3ve Racing 14 hour enduro at Road Atlanta
« on: February 20, 2016, 09:40:14 PM »
We took 38th out of 105. Not too bad for the only truck there. We started 90th as they randomly drop the green flag (our bad luck). By hour 3 (of 14) we were up to 47th when some D-bags in a Porsche spun one of our drivers in Turn 5 (second video). The first video is some highlights of my first (of 2) 2 hour stints. My second stint was from 8:30pm to checkers at 10:00pm.

I really enjoyed the night driving and nearly beat my fastest time. I set our team's Fastest Time of the Day (FTD) at 1:54.3.

Since our last event we added a Super T10, Ford 8.8, Bilstein shocks (thanks to those that suggested the 46 series, their stiffness was perfect on the track), C5 front brakes, Frozen Rotors and Raybestos pads all the way around.

Our brakes are ridiculous. I could have definitely continues to brake later, just never really did. In watching my video, you'll notice I downshifted to 3rd going into T1. That was definitely a mistake in retrospect. I should have carried more speed in and just downshifted after the turn. Lesson learned. It's hard to collect your thoughts in the heat of battle...definitely sensory overload.

Our next race will be at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky in June.

The only issue we came away with is we believe our factory harmonic dampener is shot and caused some vibes that destroyed our timing cover crank seal. Our starter is beginning to drag (shucks, time for a lightweight one). So, we'll pull the engine one night (gotta love a carb'd 4.3) and sort that out.

We've also decided it's time to lighten the pig some more. We think we can get out another 200 pounds. We're also going to try a dyno tune and see if we can eek out another 20 or so HP.

Enjoy:

My daytime stint highlights:

http://youtu.be/jpMB37NUMD8

One of our drivers getting spun:

http://youtu.be/xR8yTUdpv3A