Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » Events 
|- My recent track day at ORP 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My recent track day at ORP  (Read 2013 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
My recent track day at ORP
« on: April 28, 2016, 11:07:48 AM »
I did my third track day this past weekend. It was my first time on a track other than PIR, which is a simple flat track, 12 turns, and two long straights. This time I was at ORP, which is 16 turns, lots of elevation change, and blind corners. It was on a club day rather than an SCCA event, so there was only 6 other people there and the track was open lapping all day. Here's a video from my final session of the day which was the most fun. I have another session on my youtube channel as well, along with my PIR track day videos.

https://youtu.be/RXMmD7w4wiw

pics:

1997 S10 SS - ZQ8 Suspension, 2/3 drop, C5 Brakes, Spohn UCAs, Tall Ball Joints, Torsen LSD, SLP ZR1 wheels

Re: My recent track day at ORP

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 01:18:05 PM »
So jealous! Looks like it was a blast!
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 10:57:24 PM »
It sure was, it probably was the most fun I've had in my life haha. I was a little intimidated by the track at first, but I learned it quickly. Going full throttle 70mph around a blind corner is quite an experience.
1997 S10 SS - ZQ8 Suspension, 2/3 drop, C5 Brakes, Spohn UCAs, Tall Ball Joints, Torsen LSD, SLP ZR1 wheels

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 06:16:13 AM »
The cones marking corner entry/exit points looked helpful. That 'vette that passed you sounded amazing by the way!
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 06:50:16 PM »
Yeah, it was a C7Z with mods. The guy said it was making over 700hp. It was on 325 front and 345 rear Hoosiers. Needless to say he was the fastest one lapping of the day.