Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » New Members 
|- Hello from the Northeast 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello from the Northeast  (Read 1152 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Hello from the Northeast
« on: March 22, 2017, 08:44:51 PM »
Hello from a new member but lifelong S10 & racing nut. 

I've had (2) dimes, plus a bunch of other motorized toys over the years.  After autocrossing a FWD Mazda3 for a few years, I wanted back into the RWD game. 

What better way to shock someone at an autox than with a pickup?  Enter the truck I wanted for years (2002 RCSB 4.3L NV3500 LS), some suspension bits (choices courtesy of this site and others) and TADA.... I want more track time/suspension changes/V8 swaps/etc.

So thank you for the help so far and I hope I can give back at some point!

-MattyD
'99 RCSB, 2.2L, 2wd, NV1500, Base - Sold
'02 RCSB, 4.3L, 2wd, NV3500, LS - Current
- Umi Tubular UCA, Belltech 2" S10 drop spindle, Proforged S10 Tall Upper & Lower ball joints, ZQ8 Front Sway, ZQ8 Frame brace, Poly frame bushings, always more to learn

Re: Hello from the Northeast

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 07:03:36 AM »
Welcome aboard! Good looking truck
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 09:52:11 AM »
Looks stock. Even better. ;D

What suspension set up did you go with? What do you like about it and what do you want to change?

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »

X 2 !!!     I would love to drive a 5 speed & see what its like before I commit to a swap....I think a 5 speed would be cool but love the auto for being lazy.  LOL

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 07:27:24 PM »

Thank you!

Looks stock. Even better. ;D

What suspension set up did you go with? What do you like about it and what do you want to change?

I love a good sleeper.  I'm still developing it but so far its a Z85 truck with: 2" DJM drop blocks, Umi Performance tubular UCA, Belltech 2" S10 drop spindles, Proforged S10 tall upper & lower ball joints, ZQ8 front sway bar, Poly sway bar bushings, stock length poly end links, ZQ8 frame brace, Z85 coil with 1/2 turn removed.  I use early ZQ8 16" rims with 225/50-16 Firestone Firehawk Wide Ovals for Autox and the twist 15" rims for winters. 

I LOVE the way it looks & the front height is good.  The rear is stiff enough but the truck still rolls quite a bit.  It's got a slight rake to it, and levels out when I tow, but it still pushes something awful at Autox.  It turns much better than it ever was meant to and I want more, unfortunately, as a daily it's tough to find the balance.  I've put narrow wheel spacers up front but both the 15s and 16s still rub on the lower control arm when I'm at/near full lock. 

After reading here: changing the end link length may help, along with the ZQ8 steering box and a battery relocation kit that are in the garage. 

I've got so much I want to do, luckily I have some time because I don't have the $$!

X 2 !!!     I would love to drive a 5 speed & see what its like before I commit to a swap....I think a 5 speed would be cool but love the auto for being lazy.  LOL

Thanks!  If you're near the CT area you can try this one, it's a hoot. 
'99 RCSB, 2.2L, 2wd, NV1500, Base - Sold
'02 RCSB, 4.3L, 2wd, NV3500, LS - Current
- Umi Tubular UCA, Belltech 2" S10 drop spindle, Proforged S10 Tall Upper & Lower ball joints, ZQ8 Front Sway, ZQ8 Frame brace, Poly frame bushings, always more to learn