Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » New Members 
|- Hello from North Texas 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello from North Texas  (Read 1006 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Hello from North Texas
« on: August 25, 2017, 08:03:39 AM »
Just checking in, been in the S10 scene for over 20 years and have built and owned some pretty sweet trucks.  I'm in the process of building my last one ever now. I had bought it for my dad for his birthday about 8 years ago and he pasted last year. So this one will be a tribute to him. Here is a pic of the way he left it and one of it in the shop getting changed up a bit.

Re: Hello from North Texas

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 10:51:59 AM »
That body is.... flawless. I look forward to more pictures and seeing it return to the street.

What has been done to it so far? What are your plans for it? What brings you to PT-S10?

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 07:17:08 PM »
I'm trying to post more pics, but it keeps saying they are too big.
Here is some info anyway.

3 1/2" Drop in the front with Blazer HD brake swap, bell tech spindles, and DJM Lower control arms that were cut and fabricated from 3" drop to 1.5" drop. 4" leafs in the back with a 1/2" lowering block and also has the blazer disk brake swap on the rear as well.

As for the wheels and Tires...
Vision 143's
Rears 18x9.5 with a 5.75" BS
Fronts 18x8.5 with a 5.1" BS then sent them off to WeldCraft Wheels and had them cut down from 8.5" to 7" wide. (Wanted more stagger)
The tires are BFG G-Force Sport Comps
Rear 275/40/18
Front 215/45/18

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 07:41:28 PM »
Why this site, I feel as if my trucks stance and suspension design fits the Pro-Touring aspect. Y'all may feel differently. My plans for the truck are to do an all aluminum 5.3/6.0/6.2 swap with a 4l60 or 6l80 transmission.  Trying to decide which one, as well as accessories before buying purchasing. Currently the truck has the original 4.3 4l60. Mods to them are a shift kit in the trans, long tube headers, t/b spacer, 1.6 full roller rockers, and Msd coil.  The rear end is the stock 7 5/8 with Richmond 3.73 and an auburn limited slip and ultimate 7.5 rear cover.

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:01:57 PM »
Current Pics

Pics of the way my Father left it to me.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:04:00 PM by ShaneH »

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 08:27:55 AM »
I really hope you didn't take that last question as, "wtf you doing here?" I was curious about you and the truck and how we might be able to help you reach your goals and vice versa. Even from the first picture it looked like it would fit right in here. Please make yourself at home :D

The truck has a great stance and the wheels set it off perfectly.

You may want to find a different picture host in the near future. Photobucket has been limiting direct linking to their pictures without paying for their super premium account. I'm not sure if anyone else can see the pictures because I have a chrome plug in to get around whatever it is they've done. Most people have switched to using flickr, postimage, or something else entirely. I've even seen some people have good luck linking pictures from Facebook.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:31:29 AM by Harley »

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 02:05:19 PM »
Thanks for the info on the pictures, I will try something different for sure.  No offense taken on the question, just making sure I relate is all.  Pro-Touring design is definitely what I'm working towards.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 11:15:55 PM »

Untitled by r_s_hewett, on Flickr
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:24:26 AM by Harley »