Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » Open Forum 
|- Pictures posting help please  
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pictures posting help please  (Read 1505 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Pictures posting help please
« on: August 30, 2017, 07:07:18 PM »
What site or app are y'all using in order to post pics since Photobucket doesn't show up right?

Re: Pictures posting help please

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:20:15 AM »
I switched to flickr and I think that's what Harley is using too. I haven't done much with it yet but it seems popular.
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 07:23:16 AM »
Yep. I've been using Flickr for years and been quite happy, but so were many photobucket users.  :-\

If you do decide to use Flickr, here is a decent tutorial for grabbing the bbcode directly from Flickr

https://youtu.be/qjy6-u6RU3g?t=50s

Edit: I see you did try out flickr already. Definitely check out that youtube how to for making picture posting easy. I did a quick edit on the post in your thread to show the picture already, so feel free to check that out as a reference.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:25:30 AM by Harley »

• Rep: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
Thanks for editing the post to show the picture. I've watched the video, but it seems to not work quite the same doing it from my phone and I can't get it to post the pictures, only the link.  I will keep working on it though.

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 08:31:09 AM »
Ahhh yes. Posting from mobile is a pain. I've not found an easy way using the app directly, but using the website this guy shows seems to work.

https://youtu.be/UQn07__gWMM

• Primary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +9001/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 12:30:03 PM »
Fucking photobucket......   You know, I'd have no problem paying them a yearly fee. I have a shitload of stuff on there. But not 3-500 a year. Drop a zero off that, and you'd have everyone on earth pay it keep using the service. And you know what? That would stuff their coffers like Scrooge McDucks vault. We'd be happy, they'd be happy. 

I have a theory....that douchedick Martin Shkreli bought Photobucket and is trying to do the same bullshit he did with pharma (pills that cost 13.50 suddenly cost 750....)

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 08:35:11 PM »
I was never all that impressed with photobucket. Fairly basic and at least they had the bbcode obvious, but I'm not sure they truly updated their site in 10 years?  Albums and even just photo streams were always difficult to navigate through.

• Primary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-One
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +9001/-0
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 09:52:13 PM »
I never used the photostreams or anything. I just loaded my pictures into albums, linked them into forums. If I wanted to look through my pictures, or anyone elses library, I did it in library view where I could see the folders, and choose what to look at. That view worked for me for years now.

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 07:13:47 AM »
I may have just been used to other services by the time I tried out photobucket, but it always felt clunky. I've also been known to link back from a picture I found interesting to see what else the owner had available to view. Other sites, like flickr, always seemed to be easier to browse through than photobucket, but I've also been a flickr user for going on 10 years.