Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » New Members 
|- Hello from Alberta Canada 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello from Alberta Canada  (Read 693 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Hello from Alberta Canada
« on: January 31, 2018, 01:46:39 PM »
I've had S-10s and Sonomas since my first 1982 S-15 in the late 80s. Currently I have seven 2nd Gens. The project is a 96 Sonoma, all Bell Tech suspension and sway bars, 16" ZQ8 wheels and all the ZQ8 upgrades. It started as a bunch of bolt on, and a quick paint job, but now I have sandblasted a second frame, and am doing a full frame off. The engine is a Whipple supercharged 4.3. Going 90s style paint, with a windowless topper. Plan is to tow this truck behind our motorhome travelling around The US and Canada. Crappy picture, but my garage is tight

Re: Hello from Alberta Canada

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 08:02:18 AM »
Nice! Pics of the Whipple? I've always wanted one of those kits. Where in Ab are you?
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 07:26:02 PM »
That's a good look with the old Sonoma grill, new bumper cover, and ZQ8 wheels.

What are your goals with the truck besides towing it behind the RV? The Belltech springs are a bit soft for handling, but give the drop and don't ride bad. I usually suggest ZQ8 springs and shocks on all 4 corners for a budget street handler. Definitely some other stuff like tall ball joints that can be thrown in there for a bit more drop and handling.  And if you haven't picked up the Belltech sway bars yet they're pretty much the same size as the ZQ8 stuff, which can be had used for less.

Any pictures of the truck behind the RV yet?  8)