Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » New Members 
|- New guy checking in. Soon to be back in Minnesota from AZ! 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New guy checking in. Soon to be back in Minnesota from AZ!  (Read 725 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
New guy checking in. Soon to be back in Minnesota from AZ!
« on: January 30, 2019, 12:01:28 PM »
Whats up!  ;)

The name is Rob. Been trying to find a new home for me and my S10 and I think this might be it. I am currently in AZ but we are moving back to MN in about a year, buying some property and I am getting back into the street scene. Almost 30yrs ago I built a 84 Z28 and had a blast. got into off-roading then rock crawling while here in AZ. but really always loved the street. All of our friends back in MN are gear heads with muscle cars doing the drag strip and stuff. I wanted something a bit different than is up there so I decided on something.

In comes the S10. I decided to get an S10 and was originally going to drop a SBC roller in it and then I pulled my ass out of the dark ages and read up on the LS motors.  Everything I would have to have done to the SBC is pretty much built in factory on the LS motors now. So... Going to take my 2002 S10 and drop in a built 6.0. I am aiming for around 475hp at the crank. I also like to do corners at high speeds as well so some friends recommend pro-tour racing and Autocross. so suspension and brakes will be added to the build.

I've been looking for the right home for a build thread and checked out a few others but they just didn't seem to be it.. This might be the place. I've already snooped here around and there seems to be a lot of good tech here and some good people. BS seems to be at a minimum. Most of my forum involvement over the next year or so will be asking questions and poking others for advice and ideas.

So what I did was while I'm in Arizona I bought a rust free 2002 ext cab S10 and am using that for Uber eats delivery to make extra cash to pocket away for the build. trailer it back with us to MN and then start tearing it apart.

As is now. She has some imperfections in the body and I plane to gut and restore and rebuild the interior and I need to find a new bed for her. This one is too banged up. I know it looks goofy with the topper but that is a requirement if I want to deliver for Amazon.

The stance I am kinda looking for.

I'm not wanting to build it solely for Autocross or Pro-Tour but just something a bit more then just driving in a straight line for a 1/4 mile.

Re: New guy checking in. Soon to be back in Minnesota from AZ!

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
Re: New guy checking in. Soon to be back in Minnesota from AZ!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 10:03:42 PM »
Welcome Rob and thanks for all the compliments.

It can be a bit quiet around here, but the people who come here enjoy these kinds of builds. Ask away with any questions, but if something is urgent I'd suggest a Private Message to anyone you think can help. For me at least that gets more attention haha

Do you have a suspension setup you are leaning toward already for the front and/or rear?