Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » Events 
|- Final Event of the Fall Season 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Final Event of the Fall Season  (Read 2566 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
Final Event of the Fall Season
« on: December 09, 2009, 10:11:11 AM »
December 6th 2009
Another amazing event out at FIR in Chandler, AZ. Course was a very tight and technical course leaving very little room for error. You lost a lot of time finding the wrong line ;) We had 3 comp runs and 1 fun run. I took my first run easy and had amber ride along for the first time since she's been prego. She misses it. Did a 39.xxx with her in the truck, then pulled a 37.220 pushing it a little more and finding a good line. My last 2 runs I pulled 36.xxx runs but coned them away when I hit the second to the last cone at the finish slalom. :( End of my clean streak. By my 3rd run I had already noticed a small slop in the turn-in abilities on my truck. And then during my lunch break found that i had cooked my lower balljoints. At that point I had 4 runs in TO's(time only's) left to run. I was going for broke. So I ran my TO's and started with a 37.5xx followed by a 36.547(+1 cone) Then a 36.6xx(+1 cone) Again the same cone that killed my comp runs. and then I finished with a 36.880 on my last run. Still not as fast I wanted, but with the lower's being warn out the truck just didn't want to turn. At the end of the day when I swapped back onto street tire's I checked my control arms and with my TO's I had made a mess of my upper balljoints as well. Thankfully this was the last race of this season, and I was out of the points race anyways. None the less I had an awesome time.

Course Map:

Results: (12-6-09)
http://www.azsolo.com/cgi-bin/results.cgi

My fastest comp run:

Hopefully pics will be coming soon. Waiting on John to finish uploading.
-Stephen
99' s10 5/5-autoX daily

Re: Final Event of the Fall Season

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 09:26:18 PM »
Nice run. Looks like a fun course. What kinda speds were you hitting? The couple time I have autoxed the courses were wicked tight. only touched second gear once in the run. I was hoping to hear your engine to figure out which gears you were it, but I for my taste, yur trucks seems quite.
How many miles are on your truck? Are the bad ball joints from age or from racing?
The Daily
2001 S10 std cab short bed, 2.2-5 speed. 4/5 drop. CAI. Gibson cat-back. E-fan. "Jet Fighter" Shift lever. SS monte wheels. Trans Am quick ratio steering box. Terrible shaved tailgate by previous owner.
Project: Torque arm to correct wheel hop, leading to full suspension with coilovers

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 09:57:35 AM »
It's an auto, and i keep it in 2nd for all my runs. Hit about 50+ in some sections. I have a flowmaster 50series so it stays pretty quiet. I don't like a lot of noise ;)  The balljoints are worn out because of racing, and the stickier tires demand more. The truck has about 150k miles on it now, and still runs really strong.
-Stephen
99' s10 5/5-autoX daily

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 10:22:14 AM »
First of all, I would like to apologized to anyone who read my previous post for my awful spelling and grammar....long day.

Civil, when you run you're allseason's, what do you normally run for tire pressures? I found that if a uped the pressure from 35psi(manufacturer recommended max) to 40 or 45, it would prevent the tire from knurling as much when cornering. I bring the pressure back down to 35psi on the road or else my truck rides likes a brick.
The Daily
2001 S10 std cab short bed, 2.2-5 speed. 4/5 drop. CAI. Gibson cat-back. E-fan. "Jet Fighter" Shift lever. SS monte wheels. Trans Am quick ratio steering box. Terrible shaved tailgate by previous owner.
Project: Torque arm to correct wheel hop, leading to full suspension with coilovers

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 12:04:15 PM »
When I'm on my all-seasons I run 44 in the front and 40 in the rear. The highest I've gone on my front's is 46, with 44 in the rear, but that was on a much larger course with very little low speed sections. And I run 38-40 when I'm daily driving.
-Stephen
99' s10 5/5-autoX daily

• ...it's easy if you want to do it
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »
That video made me feel odd...lol. Looks like a fun course.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
It's because it's so slow....  :'(
-Stephen
99' s10 5/5-autoX daily

• ...it's easy if you want to do it
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 04:08:36 PM »
No, I can't play driving games from that angle either. Need to see the hood or something other then wipers.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 04:11:05 PM »
ahh got ya.  :D It was still about 2 seconds off pace though  :'(
-Stephen
99' s10 5/5-autoX daily