Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Motorvation & Drivetrain  » V6 
|- oil pan baffling 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: oil pan baffling  (Read 1273 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
oil pan baffling
« on: February 02, 2010, 02:57:57 PM »
picking up my pan for the 3.4 swap this week. im thinking about baffling it. part of me says that since its a performance truck, and that sice i do drive it like its was never intended to be driven, i need to do some baffling and trap doors and such.

the other part of me says that i havent experienced oiling problems yet, and that i probably wont unless i go with full slicks and a three link, neithjer of which i plan on doing any time in the near or somewhat distant future.

so, what do you say? spent the time, money, and headache of rediesigning an oiling system, or leave well enough alone and let it eat?

Re: oil pan baffling

• Rep: +0/-0
    • my projects
Re: oil pan baffling
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 03:52:15 PM »
the 2.8 pans i have have baffling in them.  if you want some good oil control, run a 4x4 pan.  with a deep sump in the back all the oil just runs down and cant really go anywhere.  but it sits lower so might interduce some ground issues.  but if your looking to add trap doors then a single one to go the width of the pan might work.  you may wanna look for some of the newer variants run bolt on windage trays that you might be able to use.  im pretty sure the 3500 i has one.  atleast i think he gave me one with the extra parts so maybe the 3400 had one also.
Grappler('82-5.7SRI-T56-2wd) tube frame
Gripper('92-5.7TPI-T56-2wd) 24x
MulTpi-R('93-3.4MPI-NV1500-2wd) autox
MulTpI-2('94-3.4MPI-T5-2wd) hybrid
NomaBoost('94-4.3 TBI-NV3500-2wd)
QuaDrive('95-4.3 CPI-4L60E-4wd)
ZQ-V8('97-4.3 CSFI-NV3500-2wd)
Jimmy('98-4.3 CSFI-4L60E-4wd)