Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Member Forums  » Classifieds  » Buy Stuff 
|- REALLY NEED ZQ8 Leaf Springs 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: REALLY NEED ZQ8 Leaf Springs  (Read 4973 times)

• Rep: +0/-0
REALLY NEED ZQ8 Leaf Springs
« on: October 06, 2010, 10:49:25 PM »
Hey everyone, new to the site but hoping for some help from someone.  So i'm running Beltech drop leafs and i'm really unhappy with them.  I'm looking to get some zq8 springs in good condition.  If anyone has them, please let me know how much your wanting and if we're not local to each other how much you would charge me to ship them.  Thanks in advance!

93 Sonoma RCSB, 2.8 w/bolt on's.  ZQ8 leafs and rear bar, 3" blocks, ZQ8 Frame brace.   2" DJM Coils, UB Machine uppers, pro-forged tall ball joints, billet tie-rod adjusters, 32mm blazer front bar,  KYB GR2 shocks all around, trans-am steering box, Core performance short throw shifter.

Re: REALLY NEED ZQ8 Leaf Springs

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +7/-1
  • Have Money, just can't use it = Sad Panda.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:59:57 AM »
Glad you made it over from Pro-Touring, always happy to have another member! And good luck with your search, if you were in AZ I could point you to a half dozen sets, lol.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:46:17 AM »
Hey there,  thanks for the invite, it's nice to see a place devoted to our trucks, if it's anything like protouring i'm sure i'll learn a lot.  I'm still searching for these springs because when I got to the salvage yard that had them advertised online and told me over the phone they had them AND would hold them for me ended up NOT having them, they said they must have scrapped them. sorry....  so lame.  so i'm on the hunt now. 
93 Sonoma RCSB, 2.8 w/bolt on's.  ZQ8 leafs and rear bar, 3" blocks, ZQ8 Frame brace.   2" DJM Coils, UB Machine uppers, pro-forged tall ball joints, billet tie-rod adjusters, 32mm blazer front bar,  KYB GR2 shocks all around, trans-am steering box, Core performance short throw shifter.

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +7/-1
  • Have Money, just can't use it = Sad Panda.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 10:37:42 AM »
I'm surprised they're scrapping them, the market for S10 parts is still huge.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 03:09:48 PM »
Yea, he said that when the price of steel sky rocketed, they decided to get rid of them because they were mostly picked clean anyway.  I dont know, with the way they treat their customers (aka me) it didn't seem like they were real swift anyway, so who knows, they probably lost money scraping them.  oh well, i'll just make sure I never go back there.  I prefer pick your own part wrecking yards anyway, I don't mind getting dirty for a good deal.  ("that's what she said", michael scott.)

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 06:45:46 PM »
Try S10warehouse on ebay. He has them & a great guy to deal with !!

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »
Hey guys. New to the site but there are multiple pairs of ZQ8 rear leaf springs listed on eBay right now. A yard in Florida has S10 parts listed. Picked up a ZQ8 rear sway bar and close ratio box recently.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:07:49 AM by Harley »

• Rep: +2/-0
    • MaconRacers
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 02:53:29 PM »
What don't you like about the belltech leafs?  I currently run a set and haven't had any issues with them.
-Jonathan-

MaconRacers

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »
How close are you to Savannah, Ga.  I'll give you (or Anyone) to switch standard springs with/for me (I'm handicaped and can't do it anymore....jIM
'00 Xtreme, LS6, tilt leather and all the goodies 8-)

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »
What don't you like about the belltech leafs?  I currently run a set and haven't had any issues with them.

I completely forgot I posted this here.  Sorry I'm just now replying.  The problem i'm having with the beltechs is that they are extremely bouncy, like bone jarring.  Also really bad wheel hop if I get on it at all.  And they are supposed to be a 3" drop, but mine sit REALLY high.  I ended up adding blocks back in to get the truck level again.

I seem to be the only one having this issue, most people love their beltechs, but i've hated mine from the start.  I should have sent them back, but was in serious need of springs and at the time I didn't think there was a better alternative. 

I've tried 3 different types of shocks on the back and nothing seems to cure it.  I want the zq8 springs, but can't find them local and really didn't want to pay so much for shipping from ebay. 

I guess if I can't find any local in the near future, i'm going to have to buckle down and just use ebay. 

I've tried 3 different types of shocks,

• Donors
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 10:49:04 PM »
I cured most of my issues with the belltech leafs with helper coils from autozone. My wheel hop is almost gone now, and it rides 10x better. Just something to think about.

• MaconRacers
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »
only thing i can say is to make sure you installed them with the short side forward (don't go by the sticker, one of mine was labeled wrong. lol) and don't tighten the shackle bolts until the truck is sitting on the ground. 

I do have a bouncy ride every now and then, but most the time it's pretty smooth.  the KYB mono max shocks I have on the rear are very stiff btw.
-Jonathan-

MaconRacers

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 04:57:57 PM »
well, i finally found a set, they're supposed to be here this week.   Got them from LKQ, not TOO many miles on them.  Hopefully these will cure the issues i've been having.  Thanks for the input everyone!

• Rep: +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 02:08:31 PM »
i have belltech leafs with a leaf removed, leaving only the main leaf and the second leaf. i wouldn't say the ride is bouncy at all, but my shocks are still good as new. they ARE soft as hell like you said, but i'm getting atleast 3-4" of drop out of mine.
'91 Sonoma ~ 5.7L 5spd ~ Project Truck
'99 Sierra 2500 ~ 5.3L 4L60E daily/tow pig