Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Motorvation & Drivetrain  » V6 
|- Ultimate TBI mods in the flesh. 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ultimate TBI mods in the flesh.  (Read 2198 times)

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +7/-1
  • Have Money, just can't use it = Sad Panda.
Ultimate TBI mods in the flesh.
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
Grabbed a spare throttle body from the yard a while back because I needed the fuel pod, so I decided since I had a spare, I should do the ulitmate mods on it and re-do the couple vacuum lines so I could access the fuel pressure regulator much more easily. I spent yesterday hand milling down all the ridges and today I broke out the dremel and got it completely smoothed out and beautiful. I also got the extra front vacuum port installed, just need to cut off and plug the rear one. I'm taking a break for lunch, but I'll have it all done and pics up later this evening. I do however need to order the rest of the schtuff for the intake before it will make any sense to put it on the truck.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 08:24:51 PM by ArtosDracon »

Re: Ultimate TBI modsin the flesh.

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
Re: Ultimate TBI modsin the flesh.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 08:24:36 PM »
I can still post pics if youins want, but I finally noticed while putting it back together, that it has the wrong TPS, so I can't use it without some wiring mods that I just don't want to do on this harness, at all. I did not plug up the rear vacumn port either, so maybe I'll sell it to a 2.8L guy who wants just the better flow.

Re: Ultimate TBI mods in the flesh.

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 08:34:50 PM »
I went ahead and got pics for you guys in case you're curious. I can't use this TB now, but I may in the future, so I'll just hang on to it, you never know, and it was great practice.

The top is the TBI base that is on my truck, and the bottom is the modified one with the wrong TPS.

• Rep: +2/-0
    • MaconRacers
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 08:55:36 PM »
looks good man, sucks that the TPS is the only thing stopping you from putting it on.
-Jonathan-

MaconRacers

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 08:59:12 PM »
I think it turned out pretty well for being 100% hand done. The stupid thing wouldn't fit in the one slide I have, so the milling was done on my drill press just holding the throttle body bare handed(overheating the motor on my drill press twice), and my compressor just doesn't hold enough air, so all the grinding, sanding and polishing was done with my corded dremel. Having had a bunch of time to stare at it, it's not quite as even as I would like and there are some gouges that I need to avoid putting in it in the first place, so I'm overall pretty glad I had a practice run at it.

The next step, since it's all just test and mock-up now, will be to modify my fuel pod so it doesn't impede air flow, flows fuel more evently and uses AN fittings and an external FPR.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 09:01:56 PM by ArtosDracon »