Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Chassis & Suspension  » Brakes 
|- LS1 F-body brakes 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: LS1 F-body brakes  (Read 12623 times)

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +7/-1
  • Have Money, just can't use it = Sad Panda.
Re: LS1 F-body brakes
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2011, 09:36:57 AM »
He's really bad about e-mails, call him. I'm waiting on him to come back too, I need the adapters for my brake sway too.

• Rep: +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 11:20:10 AM »
Do you know anything about him moving?

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +7/-1
  • Have Money, just can't use it = Sad Panda.
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »
Nope. I was ready to order about two weeks ago and found his site that way too. I just know of a few people who have e-mailed him with no success at all before, myself included.

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Was gonna order the brackets and discovered that he was moving. So i guess I'll wait.

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2011, 09:20:54 AM »
I talked to Ed last night. He said hopefully by the end of the week, we can start ordering hubs, brackets, and brake hoses.  It'll be a while before anyone can order a full kit though.

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 11:11:47 AM »
Bumping an old thread here for your guys' input:

I picked up some F-body LS1 calipers and abutments and stock height 2wd blazer spindles this weekend. Am I limited to a 12" rotor with this combination or are there adapter brackets available to upsize to a 13" rotor without needing new abutments? I'll need to buy the rotors anyway so I'd like to make the most of it. I'm not sure if it's a consideration but I'm running 17x9.5 C5 ZO6 front wheels.

I haven't called flynbye yet, I wanted to get your opinions first before I talked to him
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

• IWTTMB
  • Rep: +14/-0
  • Burn 'em all
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 01:56:18 PM »
Do you know if the abutments are the same P/N as the Vettes? If they are, Eric said, they're the same as the ones used on the C6, too. So I wouldn't see any problems.
If you can't say anything nice.. post it on the internet!

2002 S10 Xtreme
1953 Ford Fordor
1972 Datsun 240Z

Need some parts..? http://protourings10.com/index.php?topic=950.0

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »
As far as I know, the Vette abutments are different from the F-body LS1 abutements. I think the Vette abutements are taller and have a different bolt spacing. The F-body calipers should mount to the Vette abutements since they are both PBR calipers. The only difference between the F-body calipers and the Vette calipers should be the extra bracing on the Vette calipers.  When I talked to Ed at flynbye, he said to make brackets for the F-body abutements on blazer spindles was more trouble than it was worth.  He could do it, but they would cost a lot more.  He may have brackets for the Vette abutements on blazer spindles. I got tired of waiting and found a guy on V8 S10.org that made the brackets to put the F-body brakes on S10 spindles for $30 shipped.

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »
The vette abutments are different but the f-body calipers fit fine in them.  The f-body calipers have larger pistons (4 or 5 mm) than the vette calipers as well. I may just go with the 13" rotor and grab some vette abutments if it's going to be a PITA to find the bracket.  I may be able to score a deal on a bunch of free parts through Raybestos and they have a nice looking drilled/slotted rotor that would look good behind my ZO6 wheels...
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 08:52:47 AM »
You should be able to fabricate the brackets if you can't find them. I'm using the F-body LS1 calipers and rotors because I still have my 16" ZQ8's.  The 12" rotors will still fit my wheels.

This is what I found at flynbye: Item #C5SBLZ   Price $80.00   for stock height blazer spindles/C5 conversion

I think the 13" rotors would look awesome behind your Z06's.  Just my personal opinion, though!

• Rep: +1/-1
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:35 AM »
Hi Fella's, Just thought I would plug my favorite shop, Howe Racing Products. Check out the link below for caliper mounts. There are 2 fronts and a few rears that will work with a 4.5 gm hub, from 2 to 6 piston calipers. You may want to check out the hubs they offer too, steal, aluminum...

One other tip for the big brake boys out there. Get the best control arm bushings, and ball joints you can find. I found out quickly that good brakes are hard on those parts. I would go with something beside Poly bushings. Delrin, or a combo of steel and delrin, because its tough and slippery.
"I wanna go fast!"
2000 Blazer ZR2