Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Chassis & Suspension  » General Suspension 
|- Alignment Specs? 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alignment Specs?  (Read 5667 times)

• Rep: +1/-0
Alignment Specs?
« on: November 26, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »
My truck is going for an alignment ASAP, due to terrible tire wear. (did spindles and coils without getting one)

My question is, what should I get done for specs? I remember reading on here a while ago roughly .75 degree camber and 5.5 degree caster, what about toe? Its just a daily driver that I winter drift.

2" belltech spindles
2" belltech coils
15x8 corvette rally's with a 215/60r15 winter tire.

Obviously nobody can determine the BEST alignment specs for a truck they don't own, but just a base line that won't kill tires is plenty. It's likely going tomorrow so fast response would be great!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:52:26 PM by One of Nine »
'91 Sonoma ~ 5.7L 5spd ~ Project Truck
'99 Sierra 2500 ~ 5.3L 4L60E daily/tow pig

Re: Alignment Specs?

• Right Hand
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +7/-1
  • Have Money, just can't use it = Sad Panda.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 08:47:05 PM »
DD right?

-.75° camber
5.5° caster
1/8" Toe-in

It's just a little aggressive, but it's what I've come to like on my blazer.

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »
I've heard good things about those caster/camber specs, was just unsure about toe. I'll give it a try, thanks! Can't be any worse than my alignment now..

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 11:16:19 PM »
So, I got it aligned today. Got bent over. Was charged $220 and they put .75 degree's of POSITIVE camber!?!?!

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 06:19:02 AM »
Did you ever get bent over!  Jesus! 
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

• QUITTER!
  • Rep: +4/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 08:36:55 AM »
i got charged $80 or so when i took the toyota in for an alignment. they adjusted toe about .2 degrees and didnt even touch camber/caster and still charged me the full amount. alignments are always such BS.
my blazer is cooler than your s10

• Donors
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »
The last few times I went they worked on it for at least an hour, gave me a print-out of the before/after settings, test drove it to make sure it felt ok and it still only cost $75.
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »
Problem is finding a place that you can trust and works with you.  Around here I've only been able to find chain stores that do alignments and their service is annoying at best.

• Rep: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
I've read a few books that explain how to do your own alignment. It doesn't sound too difficult, just time consuming getting everything square and level. I'm in that boat too, I had a guy I thought I trusted, last time I went he charged me way too much. I gave up on chain stores, is never had luck with them. I think they don't calibrate the racks often enough. Biggest mistake Ive made was getting my 96 zq8 aligned. Drove straight as an arrow, but I put new tires on it so I figured I should have t checked out. It hasn't been right since.

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 11:54:45 PM »
I knew I should have looked into this first.  Anywho, I just had my alignment done to near stock specs I guess.  The computer showed all red and about an hour and a half later it was all green with my steering wheel striaght for the first time in 4 years.  Blazer tracks straight down the road now.  Only charged me 64.19 and gave me a 6 month warranty with a lowered, V8 S10.....pays to be on good terms with the manager!

Tuned by EFI Alchemy

• QUITTER!
  • Rep: +4/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 05:58:09 AM »
I knew I should have looked into this first.  Anywho, I just had my alignment done to near stock specs I guess.  The computer showed all red and about an hour and a half later it was all green with my steering wheel striaght for the first time in 4 years.  Blazer tracks straight down the road now.  Only charged me 64.19 and gave me a 6 month warranty with a lowered, V8 S10.....pays to be on good terms with the manager!
thats a good deal.
I usually got upcharged just because they said it was lowered.
my blazer is cooler than your s10

• Donors
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 10:38:23 AM »
Shops have told me that the tubular control arms make it much easier to work on so they don't care about the lowering.  The shops I go to locally are owned by racers of one type or another though  :)

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 11:59:21 AM »
I was ready to pay double the regular price with no warranty.  I was pleased with my price and service.

Tuned by EFI Alchemy