Home :: Forum :: Help :: Search :: Login :: Register

+ pro-tourings10.com  » Chassis & Suspension  » General Suspension 
|- New s-series handling stuff coming from UMI 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New s-series handling stuff coming from UMI  (Read 1797 times)

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
New s-series handling stuff coming from UMI
« on: November 23, 2016, 12:41:23 PM »
I was discussing coilover spring rates for the QA1 setups with one of the UMI techs today after seeing that they provide the same garbage recommendations that QA1 suggests on their site. Apparently they don't follow those recommendations when they actually talk to their customers and they're working on some fun stuff for the S-series that should be released soon.

Straight from the tech:

"We have 850's on our Afco coilover setup which works in conjunction with our new fancy coilover arm - debuting literally any minute now.

We also have a double shear upper mount coming very soon so you can run any real 7" racing shock and spring..."

I like that sound of that second option, I'm tired of coilovers.
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.

Re: New s-series handling stuff coming from UMI

• Fuel Problem
  • Administrator
  • Rep: +6/-0
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 02:26:53 AM »
850? That's quite the leap from everything available currently. Maybe I if I keep waiting to buy my next spring until the Blazer is more together...

• Rep: +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 09:30:48 AM »
Any update on this? I don't mind my QA1's right now, but if there's an alternative that's as good as Varishock but cheaper, that would be sweet.

• Donors
  • Rep: +5/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 09:46:56 AM »
They released some new coil-over stuff on their site a while ago but I haven't seen the spring / shock stuff yet
03 Sonoma ECSB, 4.3 auto, bolt-ons, xtreme80 tune, ZQ8 steering box, QA1 coilovers and rear shocks, UB Machine UCAs, Spohn LCAs, tall balljoints, ZO6 wheels, race seats.